Troubleshooting Your Internet
If you’re experiencing issues with your internet connection, there are a few things you can check:
- Check for outages – If this is a planned outage, you should receive an email with that information.
- Turn off your ONT device, unplug it from the wall for 30 seconds, and reconnect
- If the issue persists, please call tech support at 833.717.4448 and choose the option for Technical Support. Our support team is available 24/7.
- While we understand you may want to disconnect the cable, we ask that you leave that to our team of experts as fiber cables are very thin and this could permanently damage the equipment and cause additional downtime.
What are the additional ports on the back of my ONT/modem for?
Two of the additional ports on the back of your ONT device are available for your use. The final port is reserved for additional services related to the device, such as IP TV and IP Voice. A gigabit Ethernet switch can be used to expand the number of usable ports.
How long does it take to install internet service?
Typically, installation of internet service will take approximately 1-1.5 hours. However, if additional services are requested, that length of time could be longer. We anticipate that installing all three services, internet, tv and phone will take approximately 3 hours. Speaking with a RightFiber representative will give you a more accurate estimate of the time required.
How can I protect my children online?
As our use of the Internet evolves and our children become more comfortable with technology at earlier ages, it’s important to have an open line of communication and teach safe use of the Internet. While a child’s online safety is never guaranteed, here are some helpful tips.
How can I create a strong password for my wireless connection?
Here are a few tips:
- Secure your connection with the strongest encryption method that’s supported by your router. (example: WPA-PSK ) Newer model modems often have stronger encryption methods.
- Create a strong password that would be difficult to guess or break. It is recommended to use a password different than other passwords you typically use. A password can be strengthened by using numbers and symbols that are different than the common combinations.
- Change the name of your internet network. The default network name that comes pre-programmed into most routers firmware usually identifies the brand of router you’re using – a very handy piece of information for a hacker. Unlike the password, you can use anything you want for the network name since it doesn’t really need to be kept a secret.
Why should I have a password on my internet connection?
Establishing a password for your internet network allows you to protect your connection from being accessed by anyone in close proximity. Random devices could get connected and affect your strength or people could participate in illegal actions like download inappropriate content, torrent movies, etc.
How can I ensure my personal information is protected online?
Security is a common concern for many using the Internet. One of the benefits of fiber internet is it is one of the most secure methods of internet delivery. Because fiber sends data as pulses of light across thin strands of glass, it makes data much harder to intercept by hackers.
How do I change my network name or password?
You can do this by calling our friendly internet Technical Support Team any time 24/7 at 833.717.4448
and choose the option for Technical Support.
How much internet speed do I need for my home?
The devices and activities that utilize internet will vary for each household. So factors to take into account are how many devices you have connected to the internet, how you utilize those devices and how often.
Speaking with one of our knowledgeable RightFiber sales representatives may be the easiest way to identify the speed you would need.
Why is the internet speed I am getting inconsistent with the speed I subscribe to?
Internet speeds can vary at different times due to a number of potential factors. One of the main limitations in achieving maximum internet speed is the age of the devices that are connected which impacts the capability for each device to deliver higher speeds.
The number of devices and how they are used can also impact the speeds at any particular time.
In addition, the particular website that you are attempting to access can impact speeds as well. For example, if a particular website is receiving incredibly high traffic from people all over the world at the same time the speed of that website may be impacted as a website has its own limitations of bandwidth.
Customers should expect to always receive at least 60% of the internet speed they subscribe to, and in most cases, much more than that. If you are experiencing lower than this benchmark, please contact our 24/7 Technical Support Team at 833.717.4448 for more technical and specific troubleshooting.
Is there a limit on my data?
All internet plans include unlimited data in compliance with our acceptable use policy.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The ACP program can assist with broadband service costs for eligible households. More information can be found here.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
How do I work my RightFiber TV remote?
What if my RightFiber TV channels aren’t working correctly?
To troubleshoot, please reboot the set top box by unplugging the power cord for 10 seconds and plug back in.
If the issue persists, reboot the modem with the same steps, unplug the power cord for 10 seconds and plug it back in. You will want to wait 5 minutes for your connection to re-establish.
If the service is still not working, please call 833.717.4448 and our technical support team can provide further assistance.
What is Channel 1 on RightFiber TV?
Channel 1 is a tutorial channel that will loop. It contains over an hour of useful information on how to use your RightFiber TV and remote.
How do I utilize the caller I.D. feature on RightFiber TV?
- On your remote, push the Menu button and select “Settings”
- From the Settings Menu, arrow to the right and choose Phone to adjust the Caller ID Settings.
- From the Phone Options menu you can turn Caller ID pop-ups on or off. You may also adjust the length of time the pop-up remains on the screen from 6, 9, 12, 18, or 21 seconds.
Why do I see light blue in the center of the weather radar even when the weather is clear on my RightFiber TV?
The radar image is a base reflectivity image from the National Weather Service, and it shows ground clutter around the radar site when there isn’t any actual precipitation in the area.
How can I access weather information on RightFiber TV?
Local weather can be accessed from an app within your RightFiber TV set top box. Simply, press the red button on your remote. At the bottom of each window, there are colored dots that tell you which colored button to push on the remote to access that feature. Once you are in the weather app, press the green button to access the five-day forecast or the yellow button to access the radar. While in the radar screen, you can press the blue button to animate or freeze the radar. It will look similar to this.
In addition, there are also several popular TV networks for weather, such as WeatherNation and your local broadcast stations for you to access also.
How does the RightFiber TV cloud DVR work?
The shows you record on RightFiber TV are stored in the cloud and not on a local set top box. This is a more reliable and convenient way to store your shows as the content remains safe. If your set top box ends up damaged, you will just need to get a new one, reconnect it at your home and all of your recordings will still be accessible. If you need more space, it’s a simple call to increase your storage limits. The more storage you buy, the more shows you can record at once.
- 1 TB package (12 recordings at once) = $12/mo
- 500 GB package (6 recordings at once) = $6/mo
- 250 GB package (3 recordings at once) = No additional cost
What is the restart feature on RightFiber TV?
The restart feature allows you to restart a show from the beginning, as long as there is time remaining on the program.
How do I change my RightFiber TV box settings so it doesn’t go to sleep?
Your RightFiber TV is defaulted to go to sleep if there is 4 hours of inactivity. To change this setting follow the steps below:
- Press Menu on the remote and scroll down to “Settings”
- Select “Settings” with the “OK” button and scroll down to “Display”
- Select “Display” with the “OK” button and scroll down to “Auto Standby”
- Press the left arrow on the remote to change the setting to “Disabled”
- Press the down arrow to highlight “Save” and press the “OK” button.
Can I have multiple TVs on one RightFiber TV set top box?
The RightFiber set top box will only connect to one TV. There is the possibility of adding an HDMI splitter on your own, but that is not a service that RightFiber provides.
How long does it take to install RightFiber TV?
Since RightFiber TV is served through our fiber optic cables, internet is also required to be able to receive RightFiber TV. To install RightFiber Internet and TV should take approximately 2 hours.
Will RightFiber TV work on all my TVs?
RightFiber is compatible with TVs that have an HDMI port.
What is Watch TV Everywhere and how does it work?
Watch TV Everywhere is a video streaming on-demand platform that allows you to watch your programs from network websites or internet on any of your devices, including your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. You are able to watch both live TV or full episodes of current TV shows.
TV Everywhere is free for RightFiber customers, however you must subscribe to the RightFiber TV package.
Does Watch TV Everywhere count against my mobile data plan?
It is possible that Watch TV Everywhere does count against your data plan, especially if you’re using it when not at home or on the go. Watch TV Everywhere does transmit a lot of data which can become expensive if you have a limited data plan. We recommend checking your data plan before you start streaming shows on a smartphone or tablet using a cellular internet connection.
How many different devices can I use to Watch TV Everywhere at the same time?
The number of devices that can log into the same network using the same email and password are set by each network. For example: Turner Broadcasting, which includes Cartoon Network, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and CNN among other networks, allows five.
Which devices can I use to access Watch TV Everywhere?
You can use any device that can access network websites or the app and login with your Watch TV Everywhere credentials and view the content. Keep in mind some TV networks may not have all of their programs available on all platforms.
How do I use Watch TV Everywhere?
It is easy to start using Watch TV Everywhere. The first step is registration.
- Go to www.watchtveverywhere.com and select RightFiber as your TV provider. You will need your RightFiber account number to register. This can be found at the top of your monthly bill which you can access through online billing here. You can also call our customer care team at 833.717.4448 to gain this information.
- Click on Register at the top left hand side, fill out the fields and click Register at the bottom. Keep in mind, the account number needs to be keyed in exactly as it is listed on the bill. Example: 00012345-6
- Check the email address you just provided and click on the link to complete the registration process. You will find an email message with your Watch TV Everywhere activation link. Once you click on the link, you will be directed back to the watchtveverywhere.com website.
- From here you can log in using the credentials you just created.
- Now you’re set and you can begin to enjoy Watch TV Everywhere! Either click on any of the network logos found on the homepage to be directed to the network website or simply search the network website and access their content from that route. If you’ve already logged into your TV Everywhere account you will not be asked to log in again once on the network website if you’re using the same device you just logged in with.
- Consider writing your log in credentials down so you remember the email address and password for future uses.
What do I do if my sound is not working?
Below are a couple of quick fixes to fix sound. If these fixed do not work, feel free to call our technical support at 833.717.4448
- Press the Mute button once. If audio does not return, press Mute again to return to its original status.
- Make sure loosened audio cables are plugged in.
- Make sure the equipment is turned on, volume turned up, and connected or switched to either the TV, cable box, or DVD.
What do I do if my picture is snowy or fuzzy or does not show up at all?
The first step is to check each of your connections connected to the device you are watching.
- To check power connections:
- Look of loose power cords and plug them in all the way if loose.
- If the wall outlet is controlled by a wall switch, make sure that switch is in the ON position.
- To check video connections:
- Tighten all cables whether they are video cables, HDMI cables, or any other cable connected to your equipment.
- You may also want to follow the cable to ensure they have not been damaged in any way.
- You may also need to return the Input to the correct source in order for the picture to show as expected.
Parental controls allow you to block programs by channel, rating, or time of day. In order to set any parental controls, you will need to set a PIN to prevent unauthorized changes. To set a PIN, follow the steps below:
- Press the Settings button twice on the remote control.
- Select the Parental Control option.
- Enter a 4-digit PIN number to enable Parental Controls. Make sure to record the PIN in a safe place to reference when needed.
- Re-enter the PIN to confirm.
After setting the 4-digit PIN, choose from the following options.
- Block by Rating
- Block by Channel
- Block by Time Period
To remove parental controls from a blocked program, select the blocked channel and enter your 4-digit PIN and the blocked program will be able to be viewed.
If you forget your PIN number, the account holder must contact us to reset it.
How do I record on my DVR but watch another channel at the same time or record two shows at once?
Complete the following steps:
- Tune to the show you want to record.
- Press the REC button on the remote control.
- Press the Up or Down arrow button on the remote to highlight either One Episode or Record This Show.
- Press the A or SELECT button on the remote to begin the recording.
- Tune to the other channel you want to watch.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 above to record this channel at the same time.
What is the difference between the TV tiers (basic, expanded and select)?
The difference between each tier is typically the number of channels and which channels are available.
What do I do if I have no sound for local channels?
If you have audio on most channels, but have silence on some or all of your local network channels, you may have the Secondary Audio Programming (SAP) turned ON. To turn OFF the SAP on your TV, follow the below steps:
- Press the Menu button on your TV remote. Scroll down to the audio settings.
- Locate the SAP option and turn it off.
What do I do if I see tiling on my TV like little squares or puzzle pieces?
Do NOT unplug the power cord. Please call our technical support team at 833.717.4448
How do I listen to my voicemail?
To access your mailbox and listen to your messages from home, press *318. To access your mailbox from another phone, dial your home phone number and press * when you hear the greeting.
Enter your four-digit PIN and listen to your messages after pressing 1.
How do I use call return?
Just dial *69 and follow the prompts provided over the phone.
How do I forward my calls?
To forward your calls to another phone, follow the steps below.
- Dial *72 to forward all calls; dial *92 to forward only calls not answered in the first three rings; and dial *90 to forward only calls when your phone is busy.
- Dial the area code + the number of the phone where you want your calls forwarded.
- This will create a call to that number. Once that call is answered and you hang up the phone, the feature will be activated. If the phone is not answered, your phone calls will not be forwarded.
- To turn call forwarding off: Dial *73 if you forwarded all calls; dial *93 if you forwarded only calls not answered in the first three rings; dial *91 if you forwarded only calls when your phone is busy.
What is speed calling and how do I use it?
Speed calling provides one-digit calling for a short list of up to 8 phone numbers or a longer list of up to 30 numbers.
To set up your speed calling numbers:
- Dial *74 for the short list or dial *75 for the longer list
- Listen for a second dial tone, then press a speed calling number (2-9 for a short list or 20-49 for a long list). Enter the phone number to be assigned to that speed calling number.
- A short confirmation tone will notify you that the new speed calling code and phone number combination have been entered correctly.
How do I use three-way calling?
Three-way calling allows you to talk to two different people on one call. To activate a there-way call:
- Call the first person and press the flash button or the switch hook.
- Listen for three short tones and then a dial tone.
- Dial the phone number of the second person you to add to the call.
- When they answer, press the flash button or the switch hook and the second party will be added to the call.
Where can I find a list of all calling features and codes?
Below is a quick reference guide as to all of the calling features and their respective codes.
How do I set up my voicemail?
- Dial *318 from your home phone to access your voicemail.
- You will be prompted to enter a four-digit PIN by entering it on the keypad and then pressing #. You will also be asked to confirm it by re-entering and pressing # again. The system default PIN is 0000.
- You will be prompted to record your name. Just say your name and press #. To re-record your name, press 1. To keep the recording, press#.
- Once you have recorded your name, you will be prompted to select a greeting. You can record your own greeting by pressing 1, and then # when you are finished. Or, you can use one of the standard greetings by pressing 2, 3 or 4 (just follow the instructions).
- Your mailbox is now ready to use.
What is PayNearMe and how does it work?
PayNearMe is a safe, modern and convenient bill payment program for our residential customers that features over 30,000 locations nationwide for our customers to pay your RightFiber bill using cash. Locations include Family Dollar, CVS Pharmacy, Casey’s General Store, Walmart, and ACE Cash Express. To see a full map of approved retailers, click here.
How do I pay my bill?
RightFiber provides several ways to pay your bill including online, by phone, by mail, at a local retail office, or one of the PayNearMe participating locations. You can visit this page for additional details to pay your bill using any one of these methods.
How do I set up online bill pay?
To sign up for online billing, you have to register for an online account. You can register here. You will need to have your most recent RightFiber statement available to help with the registration process.
How do I sign up to receive the $1 auto bill pay credit?
To receive the $1 credit you have to be enrolled in our auto pay program which sets up automatic payment using bank account information or a credit/debit card. You will need to call 833.717.4448 so a representative can apply the credit to your account.
What is paperless billing?
Paperless billing enables customers to receive statements electronically rather than by mail. In order to take advantage of paperless billing, you have to be registered with an online account. Once you are logged in to your online account, select “Settings”. Then select “General” and select “Web Bill Only”. Click “Change Preferences” to save. When your bill is ready to view, you will receive an email notification letting you know you can view your statement.
How are late fees generated?
When the invoice amount has not been paid on or before the billing due date, a late fee is generated. A great way to avoid late fees is to enroll in the auto pay program.
Why does my bill show a balance forwarded even though I have paid the amount?
Payments made after the billing due date may not reflect as “paid” on the next statement because the payment may have been processing during the same time or after the new billing invoice is generated. The best way to check the real time status of your account is to create an online account.
How do I get my services turned back on if they were shut off?
If your service has been suspended due to non-payment, it will first go under suspension before we disconnect it entirely. If your service is in a suspended status, you can still make a payment to your account using the online billing site. Once you’ve made your payment online, services will be restored within six hours. If your account has been permanently disconnected, you will need to call us at 833.717.4448 so we can reestablish your account for new services.
Can I select the date my bill is due by?
Yes you can select your bill date. However, be aware that selecting a date after the appropriate billing cycle can cause your first bill to be higher than quoted.
How do I return my equipment?
Please call 833.717.4448 for service cancelation and instructions on how to return the equipment.
Is there a transfer fee if I move from one address to another?
For a transfer of current RightFiber services, there is a $49.95 transfer fee that will be applied to your account for the transfer of services from one residence to another. To initiate a transfer, please call a sales representative at 833.717.4448.